What you Need:
1 x Wagyu Tongue
1 x Medium White Onion
4 x Garlic Cloves
1 x Carrot
5 x Black Peppercorns
1 x Teaspoon Salt
1 x ½ bottle of red wine
1 x bunch of Thyme
1 x small baguette
Sliced Pickled Onions
1 x pack Fresh baby herbs
1. In a large pot add the Tongue, sliced onion,
garlic, diced carrot, peppercorns, salt, thyme and red wine.
2. Top with water.
3. Bring up to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 4-6 hours (make sure it’s covered with a lid).
3. Once the tongue has boiled remove from the liquid, allow to cool slightly then remove the outer layer of the tongue (this is easiest when the tongue is still slightly warm).
4. Once peeled allow the tongue to fully cool before slicing.
5. Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees.
6. Slice the small baguette into crouton sized pieces.
7. Place the bread on a baking tray and drizzle with oil.
8. Add the tray to the oven for 8-10 minutes until the bread is golden.
9. Once the bread is cooked remove them from the oven and allow time to cool.
10. It’s now time to assemble your canape.
11. Take a freshly made crouton, add a slice of tongue, a small amount of sliced pickled onion, a few baby herbs, and a dollop of wasabi mayo.