Serves 4- 6 people.
- 2kg Beef Stew
- 5 Carrots
- 4 Sticks of celery
- 3 Large potatoes
- 1 Large red onion
- 500ml Beef Stock
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Mixed dried herbs
- Salt and pepper seasoning
- Chopped Thyme and Parsley
- 125g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 60g Suet
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop all vegetables. Chop the onion, celery and herbs into small pieces and chop the carrots into slightly larger chunks. Peel and chop the potatoes into larger pieces.
- Sear the Wagyu beef in a frying pan or the oven proof casserole dish and sprinkle over some flour and cook until brown on the outside and nearly cooked through on the inside (medium). Add the onion, seasoning, dried herbs and stir continuously.
- Add all of the vegetables and continue to stir.
- Add the beef stock, vinegar, and fresh herbs.
- Ensure the beef casserole is in an oven proof casserole dish with the lid on and cook for two hours or until the Wagyu beef is tender.
- Whilst the casserole is cooking make the dumplings. Add all ingredients and water to ensure the dumplings mix forms a thick sticky consistency and form 6 small dumpling balls.
- After the beef casserole has cooked for two hours, remove the lid and place the dumplings on top of the casserole and then place back in the oven and cook for a further 20mins until the dumpling balls are crispy on top.
- Serve with mash potato or jacket potato if you wish to and enjoy the Wagyu Beef Casserole and Dumplings.