2 x Packs of Horseradish and/or Warrendale Wagyu Sausages
75g unsalted butter, room temperature
1kg Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
100ml whole fat milk
Salt to taste
Fresh Truffle pieces as topping
Gold Leaf and Micro herbs (optional – depending on who you are trying to impress)
Add drizzle of oil to a frying pan. Fry the sausages on a medium heat for 14-16 minutes, turning occasionally.
Preheat oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 5. Place the sausages on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for25-30mins, turning halfway through.
1. Cook peeled potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until very tender.
2. Meanwhile, put the butter and milk into a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
3. Drain the cooked potatoes in a colander and leave to steam dry for a couple of minutes, then tip back into the pan and mash well with a potato ricer.
4. Pour over the flavoured cream and spoon in the black truffle paste.
5. Mix well, season to taste with salt and pepper, stir again and serve warm
Add slices of truffle, micro herbs and gold leaf as a garnish, pour over a desired amount of gravy and enjoy the most luxurious sausages and mash you have ever tasted.