WAGYU RUMP HEART WINTER SALAD (SERVES 2)
What you Need:
1 x 8oz Wagyu Rump
1 x tbs Wagyu Beef Dripping
1 small pack of cooked beetroot
1 small pack of Pomegranate Seeds
2 x peeled and halved banana shallots
100g Cavolo Nero
2 x section of Vine Tomatoes
100g Washed and peeled sprouts
½ packet of fresh Blackberries
180ml Olive Oil
25ml Balsamic Vinegar
For the Dressing
- Blend the blackberries with the oil, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and sugar to taste.
For the Steak and Salad
- 1.Heat a large frying pan (with a lid) and add half the Wagyu Beef Dripping.
- 2.Lightly season your steaks and fry for 90 seconds on both sides in the hot pan, once cooked rest the steaks on a board.
- 3.Once the steaks are removed lower the heat and add the halved shallot into the same pan to caramelise.
- 4.Then add the Cavolo Nero, peeled and halved sprouts with the butter and a slight seasoning. Once the butter is melted add the 100ml water and cover over with the lid to steam for a couple of minutes (until the sprouts have started to soften).
- 5.Remove your beetroot from the packaging and quarter.
- 6.After a couple of minutes remove the lid form the pan, add the quartered beetroot and toss, then add the vine tomatoes to soften.
- Add the walnuts (you may want to crush a few so they aren’t too big).
- 7.Mix everything together to take in all the flavours and plate up.
- 8.Once all the salad if out of the pan place the rested steaks back into the pan on a high heat.
- 9.Cook for 20 seconds on either side (or longer if you like them more than medium rare).
- 10.Once cooked calve nicely and lay them over the salad.
- 11.Drizzle over your dressing from earlier and sprinkle on the pomegranate seeds and enjoy.