WAGYU OXTAIL SOUP
What you need:
1 x Pack of Warrendale Wagyu Oxtail
2 x Large Carrots
1 x Large White Onion
2 x Sprigs of Celery
2L Beef Stock
2 x Garlic Cloves
3 x Bay Leaves
1 x Sprigs of Thyme
2 x Star Anise
1tbs of Plain Flour
1tbs of Hawkshead Bloody Mary Ketchup
1tbs of Wagyu Beef Dripping
A pinch of Salt and Pepper
A good splash of Red Wine
- 1.Pre - Heat your oven to 160 degrees.
- 2.Roughly chop the White Onion, Celery, Carrots and leave to one side.
- 3.Place a large pan on a medium heat, add the wagyu dripping. When melted add the Oxtail and brown both sides. You may have to cook the oxtail in batch’s if your pan isn’t big enough.
- 4.Once all the oxtail is browned remove from the pan and put to one side.
- 5.Using the same pan add all the chopped vegetables along with the bay leaves, thyme, star anise and peeled and grated garlic.
- 6.Once the vegetables have softened add the plain flour, splash of red wine, bloody mary ketchup, salt and pepper and the oxtail into the pan.
- 7.Add the stock to the pan and bring to a boil.
- 8.Once boiling remove from the heat and add the lid. Place the pan in the oven for roughly 3 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone.
- 9.Once cooked remove from the oven, skim away any excess fat on the top along with the bay leaves and star anise, add in more bloody mary ketchup if desired.
- 10.Remove the oxtail from the pan, allow this to cool slightly before you shred the meat from the bone.
- 11.With the rest of the pan use a blender to blend all the ingredients together till smooth, once smooth add seasoning to taste.
- 12.Place the shredded oxtail back into the blended soup.