What you Need:
1kg Wagyu Cheek
1 x Medium White Onion
4 x Garlic Cloves
1 x Carrot
5 x Black Peppercorns
1 x Teaspoon Salt
1 x ½ bottle of red wine
1 x Tablespoon of freshly chopped tarragon
1 x bunch of fresh thyme
Small amounts of -
1 x egg
1. Roughly chop all the vegetables and place in a slow cooker (or baking dish).
2. Remove the packaging and add the beef cheeks, red wine, salt, pepper and thyme.
3. Cover with water.
4. Cook on the low setting overnight.
5. If you do not have a slow cooker, follow the same steps but place into a baking dish, cover and cook in a low oven at 120 degrees for 6-8 hours.
6. Once the meat is cooked remove from the heat. Take the meat out of the pot and place into a bowl. The cheek should just fall apart.
7. Mix in the tarragon and a dash of salt and pepper then leave the cheek to cool.
8. When the cheek has cooled potion into individual balls.
9. Toss the balls into the small amount of flour.
10. In a bowl crack the egg and add a dash of milk, mix together.
11. Add the flour tossed balls into the into the egg/milk wash and then roll them into the breadcrumbs.
12. When they are all coated get ready to deep fat fry until golden brown. (Or pan fry in a little bit of oil until golden on each side then put in a 180-degree oven for 6-8 minutes)