What you need:
1 bulb of garlic
sprig of thyme, rosemary & sage
1 x beef stock cube
1 x medium white onion
1 x purple carrot
1 x orange carrot
1 x yellow carrot
½ x red onion
¼ red cabbage
¼ white cabbage
pinch of salt and pepper
1 tsp ancho chilli flakes
1 tbs Wasabi Mayo
Rustic ciabatta bread buns x 4
- 1.Pre heat the oven to 100 degrees.
- 2.Remove the brisket from the packaging and season all over with salt and pepper, once seasoned add the Ancho Flakes.
- 3.Heat your pan and add the dripping or oil.
- 4.Add the brisket to the pan.
- 5.Half the garlic bulb and half your onion and then add them face down to the pan.
- 6.Turn the brisket so that it is browned on all sides
- 7.Add the fresh herbs
- 8.Crumble in the beef stock cube.
- 9.Cover the brisket with water (added twist if you would rather use beer instead of water then that’s fine)
- 10.Add the lid to the pot and place in the pre heated oven and cook for 6-8 hours until the beef is tender.
While the Brisket is cooking:
- 1.Thinly slice all the vegetables (cabbage and red onion) and grate the carrots.
- 2.Mix all together in a bowl with a good dollop of wasabi mayo and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 3.Leave to one side.
Back to the Brisket :
- 1.Once the Brisket is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- 2.Drain off any excess fat from the top using a ladle.
- 3.Lift the beef out of the pot and place on a chopping board.
- 4.With the juices that are left in the pan, strain away all the vegetable chunks and leave the juices in a pan and reduce them down on a medium heat.
- 5.Shred the brisket using 2 forks.
- 6.Once the liquid is reduced place the shredded beef in the pan with it to coat the meat. (serving suggestion add a splash of Henderson’s relish)
- 1.Heat the buns in the oven for 2 minutes to warm them through.
- 2.Slice the buns in half.
- 3.Place the rainbow slaw on the bottom of the bun.
- 4.Topped with a generous heap of the Brisket.
- 5.On the top of the bun add the wasabi mayo and put it all together.